Friday, October 8, 2010

Composition Technique

Everytime I go to take a picture now, I am always looking for it to be something that could be seen on someone's living room wall. The pictures that hang up in everyone's house are always so easy to look at and well thought out. Photo Composition has a lot to do with the idea of the picture and making sure that it is focused and finished properly. I particulary like the idea of the linear effect. When you can get a shadow, road, or river diagonally accross the photo it really makes you want to focus on the whole picture rather than just one thing. I always find myself looking at these pictures a lot longer than a picture with a certain subject in it because I want to figure out where the "line" goes.

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible that the image on the wall in the living room is not at all thought out, it was spontaneous and lovely that it was captured on film. Perhaps it's an oops and the photographer just got luck? that the image you admire could absolutely offend the next viewer? Isn't all art subjective?

    ReplyDelete